Here are the notes I've taken while painting it:
For session one, I completed the under-painting using nothing but transparent pigments: ultramarine blue, transparent oxide brown, terra rosa, transparent gold ochre, and alizarin crimson. So far, I'm pretty happy with it.
For session 2, I did two things. First, I did the pitcher and bowl. I tried to use a mixture of warm and coll pigments to give them a richness. Second, I did the background, which was a mixture of permanent green, transparent oxide brown, sap green, titanium white, and ultramarine blue. I tried to mix it up there too, to give it a richness.
For session three, I did many things. First, I did the greenery, using permanent green medium, sap green, transparent oxide brown, and titanium white. Second, I did the sunflowers. This was using cadmium yellow light, cadmium yellow deep, cadmium red, and transparent oxide brown. Finally, I fixed the small purple flowers using alizarin crimson, titanium white, cadmium red, and ultramarine blue. Oh, and let's not forget the reflections and highlights. I think the painting might be done. I will sit on it and see.
Here are links to images showing progress over time:
Post a Comment